You are hiring. What’s more, is that a lot of Reno-based companies are hiring right now so the competition to find quality candidates is fierce. To put it into perspective, the unemployment rate in the greater Reno-Sparks area is 2.9% compared to 4.4% in the U.S. Business growth is over 10% and job growth is over 5%. That means, hiring companies need to step up their game to attract quality candidates and, understand that you may need to extend your reach and search for candidates outside of town.
Step Up Your Game
In many ways, attracting quality candidates to your company is about presenting your business so candidates will get excited at the prospect of working there. Hiring companies need to have clear job descriptions, job advertisements and communication strategies in place so that the process is easy and effortless.
Know Your Offerings & Present Them In the Best Light
In this tight job market, offering competitive compensation and benefits is always important, but there is much more to the art of positioning your company as the best choice for your top candidates.
The following features will enhance your company’s appeal:
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive salary
- Bonus or other incentive compensation
- Health care and life insurance benefits
- Tax-saving retirement plans (e.g., 401(k))
- Other types of benefits, such as childcare assistance and gym membership
Support and Training
- Career-enhancing courses
- Opportunities for career growth and potential
- Well-known for sound values
- Successful, industry-recognized company
- Friendly, organized workplace environment
- Positive company culture
- Straightforward, friendly, professional interview process
If this feels a bit overwhelming, enlist professionals to help. Hiring companies can work with recruiters or experts at HRinDemand. Employer Branding, a service offered by HRinDemand will make your company attractive to applicants by providing some or all fo the following:
- Branded Company Pages on Job Boards
- Social Media Marketing
- Website Integration to Showcase Available Job Openings
- Help with Job Descriptions and Titles
- Salary Calculations
- Interview Questions
Melissa Marsh, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, is a human resources consultant and founder of HRinDemand, a human resources company in Reno, NV, offering expert guidance and easy-to-use tools to help small businesses with employment regulations, compliance, employee relations, and company growth.